Critical Myth

Television has become the medium of today's modern mythology, delivering the exploits of icons and archetypes to the masses. Names like Mulder, Scully, Kirk, Spock, and Buffy have become legend. This blog is a compilation of the reviews written about the tales of our modern day heroes.

Name:
Location: NJ

Monday, July 03, 2006

Quick Update - 03 Jul 2006

I've been away for a couple days, visiting family for the weekend and attending to an unfortunate turn of events. I wanted to thank everyone for the early birthday wishes. I guess this week marks the beginning of my "one year mission" to change a few things. I think I'm on the right track, despite some minor obstacles.

Anyhow, I will probably take the rest of the long weekend off, and then this weekend will be a bit busy (the wife's birthday is 7 Jul, our anniversary is 6 Jul like my birthday, so this is always an active time of year!). I doubt I'll get much writing done, though I'll certainly try. Oh, and a Happy Birthday to Grant and Ron from TAPS!

So...the unfortunate news. My grandmother (the last of that generation on either side of the family) went into the hospital last week in serious pain. We were stunned when told that her back was broken in three places. By the time we arrived for the weekend, the full extent of the problem was discovered: in the space of weeks, an undetected cancer had erupted throughout her body. In short, she has less than six months to live, and it's very likely to be much less than that.

It was a hard thing to hear, though the last few years have been very good to her. For my part, I hope, for her sake, that this doesn't go on for long. We went to see her last night before returning home. She hasn't been told (my mother is still deciding what to do with that), but I think she knew it wasn't good when I walked in the door. Since we live a couple hours from the rest of the family, we don't come around often. For me to show up without the kids in tow? Yeah...I think she knew it was more serious than she had been led to believe.

That's about it...I'll have more to say on other matters in the next few days. Be well, my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home