Critical Myth

Television has become the medium of today's modern mythology, delivering the exploits of icons and archetypes to the masses. Names like Mulder, Scully, Kirk, Spock, and Buffy have become legend. This blog is a compilation of the reviews written about the tales of our modern day heroes.

Name:
Location: NJ

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Big Changes on the Horizon

I'm not going to make this a big post, but this is going to have some repercussions once the fall season starts. After waiting a little while to make the move, I'm going to start on a Master's Program for Pharmaceutical Engineering in the Fall 2007 semester. I'll be taking just one class a semester, so it will take me five years to finish it out. I'm looking forward to it and the ability to advance my career in the process.

Each class will require me to go to NJIT one week-night a week for three hours, and the night of the class will change from semester to semester. Obviously, that alone will cut into the TV watching/reviewing time. And depending on the ease/difficulty of the each class, I might need to devote more time to study. I'm not entirely sure how that will play out in terms of how many reviews I do in the future, how quickly they are posted, how long they are, etc. I think my intentions will be more clear during the 2007 upfront period in May. I do know that the first class starts in early September on Monday nights, 6-9PM. So hopefully they won't stack up Monday nights again next season!

In terms of paranormal investigation, the scheduling should have a minimal impact. Since most of the work will be during the week, weekends will continue to be free. In fact, over time, this should be a positive development. It may, however, result in less participation in retreats and conferences, above and beyond what I have already planned.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home