Critical Myth

Television has become the medium of today's modern mythology, delivering the exploits of icons and archetypes to the masses. Names like Mulder, Scully, Kirk, Spock, and Buffy have become legend. This blog is a compilation of the reviews written about the tales of our modern day heroes.

Name:
Location: NJ

Saturday, October 14, 2006

A New Direction: Media Blvd Magazine!

I've been sitting on this news for a couple of weeks now, as all the details were ironed out and the systems were put into place. But everything seems to be running smoothly now, so I can start spreading the news! Starting this month (October 2006), a number of my reviews will be featured in Media Blvd Magazine. This is a publication with online and printed components, covering celebrity interviews, reviews, and opinion pieces on various genre and non-genre television shows. So far, the reception has been overwhelmingly positive!

One aspect of the agreement that works for me (and ultimately for you, the reader) is my continued ownership of the material. I still hold all the rights to my work; they are effectively reproducing the reviews with my permission. The net effect is that I fill a gap into their overall coverage, while I get a solid reference and wider readership. And because this is a legitimate publication, the reviews are now included in the Google News service. As of 12 Oct 2006, that aspect of the deal went live. So now, when people search on a TV show or episode, once the magazine runs it online, it comes up on the search!

I've already heard from some people who found me through the service, so this is having an immediate effect. Of course, I now feel a little more pressured to get the reviews out in a timely fashion, but the editors are willing to follow my schedule as is, which works out well. Also, they are intrigued by my (tenuous) contacts with the principals of shows like "Ghost Hunters", "Haunting Evidence", and "Dead Famous", and if I can schedule an interview, they might be interested in running that as well. Needless to say, this is quite an opportunity, especially since there are some items brewing on the paranormal research front that could overlap tremendously with this particular endevour.

So I urge everyone to jump on over to
http://mediablvd.com/magazine/ and show them support. They have tens of thousands of subscribers and a lot more in the "casual readership" column, so add that to the thousand or so people who visit this site a day, and it's definitely a big step in the right direction. Also, for what it's worth, I'm using my professional name for the reviews posted on Media Blvd, so there may be some cosmetic changes moving forward. Rest assured, I won't forget the people who helped me get this far, and the archive site will continue to be the primary archive for everything that I produce.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home